XComp's Forums

A place to discuss the mods of XComp
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 10 Strangest Ages
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:56 am 
Poster

Here are some strange ages I have made. A small description explaining what is to come in the age and all of the symbols needed to make it are listed. So relax, sit back and enjoy.

1. Lumberjack's Bay:

With this simple age, you'll never run out of wood, or water.

The idea of it is that you have giant trees sprouting out of the water.

How to make (in order from left to right):

- Link Panel

- Ocean Biome

- Single Biome

- Huge Trees

- Zero Length

- Zenith Phase

- Normal Sun

- No Weather

- Normal Lighting

So you won't be needing wood after this.

2. Land Of The Cookie Monster (do you actually expect me to come up with formal names for these?):

As the name implies, everything here is, well, blue. But just blue, and without the cookies, sadly.

How to make:

- Link Panel

- Plains Biome

- Single Biome

- Skylands

- Blue Color

- Grass Color

- Blue Color

- Foliage Color

- Blue Color

- Sky Color

- Boundless Sky

- Blue Color

- Cloud Color

- Zero Length

- Zenith Phase

- Normal Sun

- No Weather

- Normal Lighting

It is highly advised you bring some method of flight (if accessible) or bring building blocks to travel from island to island.

3. Planetoids (as a reference to the Planetoids mod):

As the name suggests, this age has an atmosphere similar to the Planetoids mod, except in an actual dimension, and not a world type.

How to make:

- Link Panel

- Plains Biome

- Single Biome

- Stone Block

- Spheres

- Dirt Block

- Spheres

- Oak Wood

- Spheres

- Olive Color

- Sky Color

- Blue Color

- Cloud Color

- Full Length

- Rising Phase

- Normal Sun

- No Weather

- Normal Lighting

Like #2, you might want to bring a method of flight (jetpack, belt of flight, etc), otherwise it will be quite troubling to travel from sphere to sphere without flight or building materials.

4. Survival Island:

Here's a challenge: Try to survive in this age like you would in a normal survival world.

Anyway, it's a mix of survival island and skyblock, as it is an island but is floating in the middle of the vast void.

How to make:

- Link Panel

- Forest Biome

- Single Biome

- Island World

- Stone Block

- Spheres

- Full Length

- Rising Phase

- Normal Sun

The stone spheres are added in for mining, as there are no caves.

5. Ominous Forest:

A quite strange place, the colors of the grass and trees add more to the atmosphere.

How to make:

- Link Panel

- Plains Biome

- Single Biome

- Flat World

- Huge Trees

- Black Color

- Grass Color

- Silver Color

- Foliage Color

- Dark Sun

- No Weather

- Bright Lighting

Pretty ominous, for sure.

Leave any cool age ideas down below! Thank you!

Last edited by ThePvpClan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 10 Strangest Ages
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:51 am 
Wiki Admin

Very nice. It would help if you included some screenshots of these ages.

Meanwhile, I want to comment on these:

ThePvpClan wrote:
3. Planetoids (as a reference to the Planetoids mod):

As the name suggests, this age has an atmosphere similar to the Planetoids mod, except in an actual dimension, and not a world type.

How to make:

- Link Panel

- Plains Biome

- Single Biome

- Stone Block

- Spheres

- Dirt Block

- Spheres

- Oak Wood

- Spheres

- Olive Color

- Sky Color

- Blue Color

- Cloud Color

- Full Length

- Rising Phase

- Normal Sun

- No Weather

- Normal Lighting

Like #9, you might want to bring a method of flight (jetpack, belt of flight, etc), otherwise it will be quite troubling to travel from sphere to sphere without flight or building materials.

Two ways to "improve" this.

One: Use a low biome, such as river or ocean, along with "no seas" -- this will give you a much bigger area of spheres above you.

Two: If you change the plains biome to a biome with a high base height -- Savanna Plateau, Mesa Plateau, Mesa Plateau F -- then you can change from spheres to floating islands (they will take biomes, as well as materials); the islands will be floating only a little above you. If you add flat world type as well, you will be significantly closer to them. (NB: Yes, you can use either of the Savanna M's with normal world; their high variation factor is ignored in flat).

Three: Or, you can use cave world, and make your way to the roof :-)

Quote:
4. Survival Island:

Here's a challenge: Try to survive in this age like you would in a normal survival world.

Anyway, it's a mix of survival island and skyblock, as it is an island but is floating in the middle of the vast void.

How to make:

- Link Panel

- Forest Biome

- Single Biome

- Island World

- Spheres

- Stone Block

-- snip --

Your spheres got a random material. Since you left a dangling stone block, it got a random feature to use it. If you did not see tendrils or floating islands, then you probably got two sets of spheres.

Or, you goofed/typo'd copying it over here.

Currently a work in progress (3 of 5 parts finished). A 5 minute "TL; DW" summary is at the end of part 3. The first 10 minutes of part 3 are a summary of parts 1 and 2; part 3 is a decent job of being a self-contained mod spotlight, and does significant details on how to write worlds.

Part 4 will be looking at dangers of ages, coming soon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:36 am 
Poster

@keybounce

Thanks for pointing out the error with the stone block spheres thing, i put it in backwards and now it's fixed.

I might try your re-creation of Planetoids, they sound pretty neat.

And i might give some screenshots of each age.

But thank you for yoyr feedback

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:06 am 
Mystcraft Admin

Land Of The Cookie Monster official theme song?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:26 am 
Poster

Aweosme!
tachophobiaipledges

Last edited by rony albert on Fri May 05, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:44 am 
Wiki Admin

Planetoids doesn't seem to have a terrain generator -- I assume you intended "Void World".

Ominous Forest: I just encountered the Biomes O'Plenty biome of this name in my current world (1.11.2). Possibly the scariest-looking place I've seen in Minecraft (though I haven't been to Abyssalcraft's dimensions). Besides the dark trees and luminous fog, they have "deathbloom" flowers, which inflict a few seconds of Wither on contact.

I was pretty safe myself, as I've maxed-out Mystical Agriculture with contributions from Jordan Peacock's Ruins and a disenchanter; with my enchanted Supremium armor and equipment I'm stupid-powerful, nearly invulnerable, and have flight that I suspect is even faster than creative. (I could have Wither resistance too, if I wanted to trade out the poison resistance or something else. ;-) )

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 am 
Wiki Admin

Mental Mouse wrote:
(I could have Wither resistance too, if I wanted to trade out the poison resistance or something else. ;-) )

Considering wither will kill you and poison won't (but are otherwise the same)...

¹http://xkcd.com/1597/

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 pm 
Wiki Admin

Yeah, but withering is a heck of a lot less common. My Supremium equipment has cost 8 Nether stars so far, but MA itself provides some nice Wither-proof blocks to cage the Wither with. (I actually could have managed without those -- I've got a nice routine with a long tunnel -- but they're handy.)

(One of Jordan's ruins provided the WS Skulls I needed to make the MA seed to grow more at home. Yes, I'm all about cross-mod exploits, and I hate the Nether. ;-)

In fact, now that you reminded me, I just spent the last 15 minutes executing 4 Withers to make the charm. I'll tell you, Mystical Agriculture starts slow, but it's based on exponential growth, and it ends up seriously OP. I'll probably skip it for my next world, especially since Blood Magic and EvilCraft have both updated in the interim, and I've also discovered PSI.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:20 am 
Wiki Admin

Meanwhile, I found recently that if you have a full set of bedrock armor from RoC, then anything that does only half a tick of damage at a time will be ignored. So, poison, wither, etc, suddenly becomes "harmless".

Currently a work in progress (3 of 5 parts finished). A 5 minute "TL; DW" summary is at the end of part 3. The first 10 minutes of part 3 are a summary of parts 1 and 2; part 3 is a decent job of being a self-contained mod spotlight, and does significant details on how to write worlds.

Part 4 will be looking at dangers of ages, coming soon