XComp's Forums

A place to discuss the mods of XComp
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.6.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

New API! Cool!
I know that this makes for a slightly underwhelming build to the average user, in that there's little immediate direct gain, but ultimately a robust and powerful API will enable better mod interactions and plugins.

I did also fix a bug with the grammar system while I was there and improved the general handling of a few things, which resulted in better symbol attribution. :)

Enjoy!

[API]New API provider system
[API]Reinstates some lost parts of the API
[API]Flags some areas as unstable (Beta annotation)

[BugFix]Gives the BlockGas grammar token a default (empty) expansion

[ModCompat]Symbols (Block Modifiers) registered via IMC now associate properly with registering mod
[ModCompat]Fluid and Biome symbols generated by Mystcraft are attributed to Mystcraft

EDIT: 0.11.6.01
[API]Changes IMC request string to "API" to protect against attempted use of the old API structure
EDIT: 0.11.6.02
[BugFix]Fixes casing issues in IMC handling (API was unrequestable, "API" is now case-insensitive)

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.7.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:10 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

This build focused on getting more API stuff in place, wrapping up some of the unfinished parts
I did a few other little things at the same time, to round out the build so it's not just 'inpotentia' content. :P

Enjoy!

[ModInfo]Fixes the missing version and mcversion tags

[Optimization]Optimizes Start-Up error checking

[Visuals]Folders with contents are now visually distinct

[BugFix]Sets default values for maximum treasure stack sizes based on page ranks

[ModCompat]Better handles item drops on falling blocks

[API]Generalizes the various color providing interfaces into static and dynamic forms which are registered by type (ex. Grass, Sky, etc.)
[API]Generalizes celestials to all operate from the same interface (old IMoon, ISun, etc. fused together)
[API]Fixes an issue with IItemOrderablePageProvider not being utilized correctly when removed from in the writing desk

[IMC]Adds meteorblock message

[Logging]Adds logging to some registration API calls
[Logging]Adds a log message for when the start-up state checking is completed and logs any reports
[Logging]Improves logging of some IMC message functionality

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.8.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:02 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

This release is a little smaller due to me having spent the past week in Italy. Still managed to fix some things and improved my IMC.

Enjoy!

[Interface]Can add pages to folders via tab interaction (max 1 at a time; right-click works; portfolios can still take a full stack at once)

[BugFix]Unrecognized IMC messages won't throw errors (just log messages)
[BugFix]Fixes right-clicking on a tab eating the item

[Logging]Base Profiling dimension id and provider id logged

[ModCompat]Changes Profiling cleanup code to handle cases of the world being forcibly (unfairly) unloaded while the game is running
[ModCompat]Sets baseline world to 'keep loaded'

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.9.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:18 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

Sorry for the rather small build. Hopefully the new mod compensates.
You'll need this version or higher to interact with LookingGlass.

Enjoy!

[ModCompat]LookingGlass integration
[Build]Fixes mcmod.info file version reporting

EDIT: 0.11.9.01
[BugFix]Fixes LookingGlass Integration server-side

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.10.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:46 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

So there's been a rather critical issue in Mystcraft for about 8 versions now. It was pretty hard to track down, as no one could figure out the cause.
I think I just got lucky to think of the possibility, really.
Anyway, this build fixes that bug, probably significantly improving performance of servers, especially during/after profiling.

I also added to the start up checker a quick sanity check to prevent people from trying to create Mystcraft worlds while all core logic is disabled.

Enjoy!

[BugFix]Correctly informs other mods of chunks unloading
[Checking]Adds some startup checking logic to warn the user that all symbols of a critical symbol type have been disabled (ex. all biome distribution symbols are disabled).
[API]Produces a real, useful, API jar (find it on CurseForge!)

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.11.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

This release has a whole new system added.

Ages can now be flagged for dead. A dead age cannot be traveled to and anyone logging in that was in an age that is now dead will be sent to the "home" dimension. The home dimension can be configured. Nothing happens to anyone still in the age, they just cannot return once they have left.
Mystcraft now generates a UUID for (all) dimensions and uses these UUIDs to ensure that dimension targets are the intended location. If not, teleportation fails. A similar check is performed on login, and if the cached dimension UUID on the player does not match the UUID of the dimension the player is in while logging in the player is sent home. This test can be made strict (send players with 'null' cached UUID home) via config; this would force new players (or players who have not logged in since the change) to the set home dimension.
Dead dimensions can be recycled. All of the old age data is erased and the dimension folder is deleted. A recycled age gets a new UUID. Recycling takes place automatically when a new age is created.
Non-Mystcraft dimensions get fake UUIDs based on their dimension ids.
Existing linking items will get the dimension UUID set on first use.

OPs can set a dimension to be dead via the /myst-dbg command. This is a temporary solution and intentionally difficult. Use this with caution, and do not mark any dimensions you like as dead. There is no way to recover them outside of a backup restore.

Enjoy!

[Visuals]Orients the LookingGlass render the right way up when shaders are disabled

[Recycling]Adds flagging for ages as dead
[Recycling]Adds recycling of dead ages
[Recycling]Adds checking to stop links from working on dead ages
[Recycling]Adds checking to stop links from working after recycling
[Recycling]Deletes the dimension chunk data only on recycle attempt
[Recycling]When a player logs in in a dead (or otherwise missing) dimension they will be sent to the "home" dimension.
[Recycling]If a player logs in to a dimension after recycling they will be sent to the "home" dimension.
[Recycling]Star Fissures now lead to the "home" dimension

[Config]Adds the ability to set the home dimension in configs
[Config]Adds a flag which, when set to true, will force the login check. This will send new players (or players who have not logged in since the change) to the "home" dimension

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.12.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:04 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

I changed how profiling works. It now does instance-level profiling, rather than for each save, and it does it at start up. This is done in response to player feedback.
There's one mod that doesn't play nice with this, but otherwise it seems to work fine.

The resultant data can be passed around and shared so others don't have to do the profiling themselves, but don't use the data on different mod setups; changes to the generation should actually be reprofiled, so if you add or change a mod that changes ore gen you should probably delete the data file.

Some other bug fixes and visuals as well. :)

Enjoy!

[ModCompat]Fixes a logic issue with fluid symbol construction (any blacklisting prevents all later fluids)
[BugFix]Fixes an issue with falling blocks
[Visuals]Adds a border highlight for missing book name in binder
[Profiling]Moves client-side baseline profiling to be done at first time startup
Server profiling has not changed
Each single player save will not do individual baseline profiling now
It can be backgrounded, but a singleplayer game cannot be started until it is complete
Deleting the mystcraft folder will cause the data to be rebuilt
Changes to the mods in the environment are not detected, so manual deletion of the data is necessary if instability occurs
PACK MAKERS: The result data can be included with a pack
JADED: The included pack data doesn't have to be the actual result data...

KNOWN COMPAT ISSUE: bspkrsCore
If you experience crashes during te startup profiling, disable the mobs on the main menu
config/bspkrsCore.cfg -> B:showMainMenuMobs=false

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.11.13.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

Smaller build this week due to the work trip I was on. Still got some good fixes in.

I also fiddled with the instability calculations a bit, so some worlds which should have been unstable and weren't should be more so now. :P

Enjoy!

[BugFix]Fixes a possible crash on profiling completion

[ModCompat]Revises the startup baseline profiling handling to better support custom main menus

[Balance]Changes instability calculations to better assess surface resources
[Balance]Cave worlds' inherent instability removed as accessiblity is now better handled

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.12.0.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:46 am 
Mystcraft Developer

And this release is really big. Amazing what I can do with some time... :P

This release is focused mostly on the configs. Particularly, configs for the baselining.
Hopefully this will resolve all of the issues moving forward with that. You can now turn it off completely (and live with manually tuned baseline values). This is probably also useful for pack makers.

I also cleaned up my symbols a bit. I rearranged how the grammar looks at some symbols, re-categorizing things from the Terrain Alterations and Populators categories into Small, Medium, and Large World Feature categories. This will hopefully make more sense to people, and allow for people to get what they want more readily.

I have added 5 new symbols. Two of them are new block modifiers and the other three satisfy the grammar's desire for world features, so you can always get what you want... for a price.
The Medium and Small versions of these symbols add instability.

I believe we've exited the baselining arc, now, and can move on to some more fun stuff again. :P Hence the version number change.

Enjoy!

[Configs]Moves the "balance" section to its own file
[Configs]Moves a number of settings to the balance file
[Configs]Renames a number of settings to better organize the configs
[Configs]Removed the entity id configs

[Configs]Adds a config option to set whether the beselining is run per world or per save
Per save is run in the background at game startup
[Configs]Adds an option to control the frequency at which chunks are generated when doing background profiling
[Configs]Adds an option to disable the automatic determination of baseline values and to simply load them from the balance config.
Note that these options will not appear or be read unless the this flag is set.

[Configs]Adds an option in the core configs to generate a reference document for the fluid balance configs
This file will be force updated every time the game starts for as long as the flag is set to true

[Symbols]Renames some symbols internally (you'll need to update your configs; any question marks in game should go away if you put the pages in your inventory)
[Symbols]Changes grammar handling of features to use Large, Medium, and Small Features rather than Populators and Terrain Alterations
[Symbols]One of each size feature category is required. If none are written for a category, some symbols from that category will be added.
[Symbols]Adds rare symbols which satisfy the feature requirements but don't generate anything. The Large variant adds no instability, but the medium and small ones do (1000 and 2000 respectively).
[Symbols]Adds Lapis Ore and Emerald Ore block modifier symbols (which produce instability)

[Localization]Adds color symbols to localization

[BugFix]Automatically updates symbol references in books on "first link" (dimension creation)

Post subject: Mystcraft 0.12.1.00 [1.7.10]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:10 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

I hope everyone has been happy with the baselining changes. I've not heard anything, so I assume no one had any complaints. :P

Last weekend I didn't release anything due to MineCon. No explanation needed there, I'm sure. ;)

I've nearly finished the initial version of Slidercraft, which should be fun. It'll make for a good toy on Let's Plays and video series, as well as a fun gameplay mode in general, I hope.
Part of that has been testing and building a number of things for realtime portal rendering and transition. The inter-dim portals are coming along nicely.
Unfortunately, that's not quite here, yet.

This release s mostly centered on improvements to LookingGlass. Mystcraft updated as well to take advantage of the new API interface.

One of the most exciting things for this set of builds is probably the inclusion of the API sources in the dev and API jars for both Mystcraft and LookingGlass. The dev jars will be available alongside the API jars from now on.
This means those using the APIs will get the javadoc and be able to read the original source code of the APIs. This was the original intent, but I messed it up, apparently. :P
Note that is IS possible to use CurseForge as a maven repository, but it's not great. You have to refer to the specific file you want to download. I'm trying to get a better location, but I'm in the middle of relocating my website and haven't gotten any offers for places to upload to.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to all the fun stuff coming up! :D

Enjoy!

[API]Inclusion of API source code in API and dev jars
[API]Dev jars now available

[ModCompat]Updates LookingGlass integration to use the newer API if available

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next