XComp's Forums

A place to discuss the mods of XComp
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Permission Request - HiveMind Pack
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:17 pm 
Poster

Pack will be delivered via Curse (for now by importing .zip, if I get it approved, by Curse packs). I'll also request to ATLauncher (if none of the mod authors blocks me to do so), via FlopDisk if the same provides the disks and the transport.
The main page still a WIP, my girlfriend and me will be working on the art for the pack: http://hivemind-pack.wikia.com/
This pack is themed aroud two things: No more excuses for players not playing together (except version) for like "I don't like this pack, it doesnt have mod X". I know it doesnt contain all mods, but that is due mincraft's limitation; With the help of HQM I'll add (still working to finish it) quests that serve as guiding hand to the various mods on the pack.
This pack is different because it's my pack, I've never made a public pack before, so, its unique "First Public Pack made by Velken Iakov"; The HQM book to help players who never used a mod and want to learn; and finally: if you were to put the mods in a local instace, you would need to spend hours fixing the ID conflicts, which I've already spend hours fixing!
http://hivemind-pack.wikia.com/wiki/Mod_List (I am still getting permission from all other mod authors, and the mods that are not listed are either requirements for other mods, APIs and Core Mods (please, don't let Lex hit me for using Core mods)
The pack is for Minecraft 1.7.10

PS: I'll add some easter eggs on HQM that only those who've played Myst/Riven will get.

Post subject: Re: Permission Request - HiveMind Pack
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 pm 
Mystcraft Developer

I've never had anyone tell me a pack was unique because they made it before. :D Makes me think of "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." :P

I am willing to grant permissions on the grounds of the quests, though. The easter eggs all the more so. :D

Permission Granted, so long as the standard requirements and the license are followed.

Good luck! :D

Post subject: Re: Permission Request - HiveMind Pack
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:31 am 
Poster

Thank you.
You won't regret it.
I am glad that you got the "there are many like it, but this one is mine" reference.
Here is a tip about one of the easter eggs:
"R. L. _ nd _ _ sta _ _ s"