Sorry for the very long update. I haven’t been updating at the rate I’m working, apparently.

Work on Mystcraft continues. I have most of the API laid out at this point, I think. The main features Mystcraft needs to provide an API for are registering symbols and the linking mechanics. To this end I have been cleaning up the symbol architecture some and providing the main API features through a single static interface.

The symbol system was designed in a modular registration system to begin with, and I had the API in mind at the time, so not much needs to happen there. Mostly I have been trying to clarify things and make things easier on anyone wanting to write symbols. The biggest thing that still needs to be solved here is how visual representations of the symbols will change, but once that is in place the actual symbol implementation of the symbol API won’t change much. I also want to provide a few more simple wrapper symbols for basic usage.

I’m also planning on reorganizing my link (teleport) code some more to allow for more interaction points. Presently the API provides for getting and modifying link points and linking entities using this link information. It would be nice if more interaction were possible, especially during the link. It is possible to do things before and after the teleport within whatever called the link code, so that is not crucial, but it may be desirable to control aspects of the link or inject certain events during the link itself, particularly in the case of join entity linking (mounted/ridden entities).

Other news:

  • Updated Forge Edition 135 (I’m still supporting 105 as well at present).
  • Fixed mod ore generation in Ages when using newer forge versions
  • Removed auto-renaming for Dim folders
  • Added a weighting/rarity system for symbols

That’s all I can remember in terms of features. I appear to have either lost or left at home my notebook, so I’m not sure what else I meant to mention.

The weighting system is used for selecting symbols in a more balanced fashion, meaning you should have fewer random void worlds. :P It also allows me to add symbols that have 0 chance of being auto-selected, meaning that they are currently creative-mode only symbols. I have added the Sky biome (from the End) as such a symbol. This means that research and exploration learning will likely use a different system or alternate rarity value. Haven’t decided on that yet. Alternatively I may add a flag for whether it is possible to auto-select the symbol and then just use the same rarity system.

I made some internal changes for my development organization as well, but that isn’t going to influence any of you much. I’m trying to get a better deployment system set up so deploying the mod is more automatic so I have fewer chances to mess it up. :P

I’m currently trying to fix the stand GUI so you don’t have to throw the book on the ground to get it back. It’s a little tricky, as it becomes a two stage GUI and the slots change out, but I think I see how to do it. The weirdest bit might be how it works across the client/server divide. Here’s hoping it’ll be clean. After that I’ll hopefully move to crafting (using some of the amazing stuff Veovis and Levi have been coming up with) though I might get off track onto instability mechanics or admin server controls or the API or any of a long list of things I mean to do. :P

Last, but certainly not least, another big thank you to my testing team. You guys are awesome.